Internal character traits are things that are going on inside of you – your thoughts, feelings, emotions, and motivations. External character traits are the things that you do – your actions, your words, and your behavior.
1. Internal and external character traits are the different aspects of your personality that you display to the world. Your internal traits are the qualities that you keep hidden from others, while your external traits are the ones that everyone sees.
2. Knowing your internal and external traits can be beneficial in a number of ways. Understanding your internal traits can help you to understand yourself better and work on developing those qualities. Knowing your external traits can help you to understand how others see you and work on improving your image.
3. Understanding your internal and external traits can also help you to use them to your advantage. For example, if you know that you are shy but have a lot of creative ideas, you can use your shyness as a way to avoid attention and focus on your ideas. Or, if you know that you are a hard worker but can be a bit impatient, you can use your hard work ethic to push through your impatience and achieve your goals.
4. If you don’t know your internal or external traits, there are ways to figure them out. One way is to ask people who know you well to give you their honest opinion about what they think your internal and external traits are. Another way is to complete personality tests or quizzes that can help you to identify your different character traits.
5. Once you know your internal and external traits, you can work on developing them. If you want to develop your internal traits, you can read self-help books or articles, attend therapy or counselling, or speak to a trusted friend or family member about your goals. If you want to develop your external traits, you can attend workshops or courses on public speaking, networking, or image management.
6. Finally, it’s important to remember that internal and external traits are just one part of who you are. They should not be used to define you as a person. Instead, they should be used as tools to help you grow and become the best version of yourself.
Table of Contents
What are internal and external character traits?
Internal character traits are things that are hidden inside a person, such as their thoughts, feelings, and motivations. External character traits are things that are visible to others, such as a person’s appearance, mannerisms, and actions.
What is the difference between internal and external character traits?
Internal character traits are hidden from view, while external character traits are visible to others. Internal character traits are also deeper and more fundamental than external character traits.
What are some internal character traits?
Some internal character traits include intelligence, creativity, courage, and honesty. These traits affect a person’s thoughts, feelings, and motivations.
What are some external character traits?
Some external character traits include appearance, mannerisms, and actions. Appearance includes a person’s physical features and clothing. Mannerisms include the way a person moves and speaks. Actions include the things a person does.
How can you develop your character’s traits?
You can develop your character’s traits by exploring their thoughts, feelings, and motivations. You can also observe your character’s appearance, mannerisms, and actions.