It’s easy to crop a screenshot on a Mac computer.
- To adjust the image size,
- Go to the Tools menu
- And choose “Adjust Size.”
- This allows you to change the width, height,
- And resolution of your screenshots.
- To crop, go to Tools and hit the “Crop” option.
Why can’t I crop my screenshots?
There are a number of reasons why you might not be able to crop your screenshots. One possibility is that the screenshot is locked.
To check if this is the case, open the File menu and look for an option to unlock the screenshot. If the screenshot is unlocked, then you should be able to crop it.
Another possibility is that the screenshot is in a format that doesn’t support cropping. For example, some formats (such as JPEG) don’t allow you to make changes to the image once it’s been saved.
In this case, you’ll need to convert the screenshot to a different format (such as PNG) before you can crop it. Finally, it’s also possible that the software you’re using doesn’t support cropping.
If this is the case, you’ll need to find a different program that does support cropping, or use a workaround like printing the screenshot and then cutting out the part you want.
Why can’t I crop screenshots on Mac?
There are a couple of reasons why you might not be able to crop screenshots on your Mac.
- First, if you’re running an older version of macOS, the built-in screenshot cropping tool may not be available to you.
- Second, even if you are running Mojave or later, you might not be able to crop screenshots if you’re using certain keyboard shortcuts.
Here’s how to take a screenshot on a Mac, using either the built-in screenshot cropping tool or standard keyboard shortcuts:
To use the built-in screenshot cropping tool, open the Grab application (located in the Utilities folder within the Applications folder). Then, take a screenshot using one of the following methods:
- To capture the entire screen, press Shift+Command+3.
- To capture a portion of the screen, press Shift+Command+4 and then select the area you wish to capture.
- To capture a specific window, press Shift+Command+5 and then click on the window you wish to capture.
Once you’ve taken the screenshot, it will appear in a new window in Grab. To crop the screenshot, click on the “Crop” button in the toolbar and then drag the edges of the screenshot until it is cropped to your liking.
When you’re finished, click on the “Done” button. The cropped screenshot will now be saved as a file on your desktop.
If you’re unsure how to take screenshots, use these shortcuts: Take a screenshot of the whole screen: Shift + Command + 3. Capture part of the screen: Shift + Command + 4.
How do I enable crop screenshot?
Screenshot by pressing Windows logo key + Shift + S -Press Windows logo key + Shift + S. The desktop will darken while you select an area for your screenshot.
- Rectangular mode is selected by default.
- The screenshot is automatically copied to your clipboard.’
How to enable crop screenshot:
- Press the Windows logo key + Shift + S. Your screen will dim and a small toolbar will appear at the top of the screen.
- Select the area of the screen that you want to capture in a screenshot. The selected area will be highlighted in blue.
- Once you’ve selected the desired area, release the mouse button or trackpad button. The screenshot will be saved to your clipboard automatically.
How do I crop a screenshot?
To take a screenshot, you can use the built-in Snipping Tool or the Print Screen key. To use the Snipping Tool:
- Press the Start button and type in “snipping tool”.
- Click on the Snipping Tool icon to launch the program.
- In the Snipping Tool window, click the New button to begin capturing your screenshot.
- Select the kind of snip you want by clicking on one of the four options: Free-form Snip, Rectangular Snip, Window Snip, or Full-screen Snip.
- Use your mouse to select the area of the screen that you’d like to capture in your screenshot.
- For a free-form snip, draw around the area you want to capture with your cursor.
- For a rectangular snip, click and drag your cursor around the desired region. For a window snip, click on the window you’d like to capture.
- And for a full-screen snip, simply click anywhere on the screen (this will capture the entire screen).
- Once you’ve selected the area you want to capture, release your mouse button or lift your finger off the touchpad.
- The screenshot will be automatically saved as a PNG file in your Pictures folder.
How do I select part of a screenshot?
When you want to take a screenshot of only a specific part of your screen, you can use the Windows + Shift + S keyboard shortcut. Your screen will appear grayed out and your mouse cursor will change.
Click and drag on your screen to select the part of your screen you want to capture. A screenshot of the screen region you selected will be copied to your clipboard.
How do I crop and edit a screenshot on Mac?
To crop and edit a screenshot on a Mac, first go to the Tools menu and choose “Adjust Size.” This allows you to change the width, height, and resolution of your screenshots.
To crop, go to Tools and hit the “Crop” option. To adjust the colors, hit “Adjust Color” also on the Tools menu.
How do you crop a screenshot on Mac 2022?
To crop a screenshot on Mac, you’ll need to open the image in Preview. Once the image is open, click on the ‘Tools’ button at the top of the window.
From the drop-down menu, select ‘Crop.’ A grid will appear over your image, and you can use it to select the area you want to keep.
To do this, click on one of the corner boxes and drag it in or out until you’ve selected the desired area. When you’re happy with your selection, simply click ‘Done’ and your image will be cropped.
Why can’t I crop my screenshot?
There can be a few reasons why you cannot crop your screenshot.
- One reason could be that the program you are using to take the screenshot does not have that function available.
- Another possibility is that the image format you are screenshots in does not support cropping (such as .jpg or .png).
Additionally, it could also be that the file size of your screenshot is too small – meaning there isn’t enough pixels to allow for cropping without quality loss.
How do I select a screenshot of a specific area on a Mac?
If you want to take a screenshot of a specific area on your Mac, press and hold these three keys together: Shift, Command, and 4. Drag the crosshair to select the area of the screen to capture.
To move the selection, press and hold Space bar while dragging. To cancel taking the screenshot, press the Esc (Escape) key.
How do I crop a screenshot on my phone?
To crop a screenshot on your phone, open the screenshot in an editing program like Photoshop. Then, use the cropping tool to select the area you want to keep.
To crop the screenshot, press and hold the Shift key while dragging one of the corner handles inward. When you’re done, release the Shift key and click the Save button.
How do I crop my screenshot?
To crop your screenshot, first press the Ctrl + PrtScn keys. This will change the entire screen to gray, including any open menus. Next, select Mode (or, in earlier versions of Windows, select the arrow next to the New button).
This will allow you to select the kind of snip you want to make. Finally, use your mouse to select the area of the screen that you want to capture.